Tuesday 12 February 2008

The online Gallery of Primetoonz



The Spatz street art series was inspired in part by the work of The London Police. I did a very small piece entitled"Gentrification Spatz" as I saw the drastic change in New Yorks East Village but as this weird phenomenon start trying to push me out of where I live(unsuccessfully I might add) I started expanding it. These are some of the cartoons I came up with when asked to participate in the Mechanic's Project. Gentrification is not a great thing and it actually comes up in a few of the projects I'm involved in. New people should always be welcome into a neighborhood, but when you totally disrespect the people that were already there and then push them out because you view it as "your neighborhood" that's just not right.
Hope they give you a laugh.

No comments: